Wander Woman Wild Weekend: May 24
Nature and adventure are a powerful force for wellbeing, so we’ve curated a women’s weekend of adventure and connection, set in the rolling hills of the beautiful South Downs in Sussex, for those who wish to go back to basics, nurture their inner explorer and build their confidence outdoors.
Come and immerse yourself in a realm of rolling hills. Join our small group of Wander Women for a wander-full weekend of learning navigation, yoga, hiking, camping, adventure inspiration, and connection with nature and kindred spirits. Start your adventure journey right here!
10% OFF EARLY BIRD OFFER
Book before 31st January to get 10% discount. Sign up to our newsletter to get your Early Bird Offer Code.
DATE: Fri 17th May 2024
LOCATION: Sussex South Downs, Brighton area
DURATION: 2 nights
On this weekend you’ll be:
- Semi-wild camping for 2 nights at the foot of the South Downs.
- Friday: Arrivals 5-7pm, set up camp. Simple camp supper, relaxed introduction to the weekend around the fire with like-minded souls.
- Saturday: Waking for a gentle outdoor yoga session (weather permitting – in case of rain we have an indoor space!) and simple camp breakfast. Spend the day exploring the South Downs, walking approx 8-9km, learning to navigate or improving your existing skills, with Cathy from Heads Up Navigation. Camp supper followed by an evening of adventure; a talk about the power of adventure for wellbeing, followed by some fantastic short films shown in the barn, to inspire your future endeavours!
- Sunday: Starting the day with another yoga session, followed by an adventure Q&A over breakfast. Then we break camp, before planning your walk route for the morning, using the skills you’ve learned, ending at the pub for a pint and a light bite, before returning to base camp for goodbyes at around 2pm.
We will provide:
- Simple vegetarian food including camp breakfasts, soup and a roll on Friday night, curry on Saturday night.
Maps and compasses.
Homemade Flapjacks and Brownies.
- We can cater for allergies, but if you have specific dietary requirements or allergies please let us know at the time of booking.
You need to bring:
- Please bring your own packed lunch for Saturday and plenty of snacks if you’re a hungry bean! Plus BYOB if you’d like to have an evening drink, and some money for the pub on Sunday if you’d like to stay for a pint, light bite and debrief.
- Comfortable hiking boots or trainers.
- Day rucksack.
- Waterproof clothing.
- Water bottle.
- Yoga mat.
- Plenty of warm layers and warm jacket.
- Small tent (1-2 persons), sleeping mat and sleeping bag for camping.
- Camp chair, mug/bowl/plate and cutlery.
Group size: Max 10 – we like to keep it small for a more intimate experience.
This weekend is for women and those who identify as women. The only requirements are that you are able to hike comfortably over hilly terrain for a few hours, and have suitable weatherproof attire – this is England after all! Please note this is a ‘back to basics’ weekend with a semi-wild camping experience and minimal facilities – a toilet and sink will be available. We have access to indoor space for yoga and meals if the weather gets too gnarly!
Note – we have a small amount of gear we can lend out if you don’t have all the essentials, if you need help please get in touch as early as possible. Please note there is no smoking or vaping allowed at the campground.
Please read our event booking terms and conditions before placing a booking.